HOW TO BUY A GUN IN CANADA, AND OTHER RATIONAL THINGS
The majority of pro-gun Americans seem to always be chanting ‘It’s my RIGHT!’ and citing the 2nd Amendment.
Do these people realize that in Canada you also have the right to own a gun and ammo? IT’S TRUE.
You do have the right to bear the arms and shoot shit up the yin yang.
A few differences:
You can’t decide you want to go the the local shop and pick one up, like an Xbox game.
In the US- if someone SNAPS, or gets REALLY MAD- they have the ability to go out and get a gun in the heat of the moment and do something they, and everyone else will regret… These steps prevent people who don’t really need a gun from over arming & needlessly arming. Making guns available, normal pieces of the home, contributes to gun violence but certainly isn’t recognized as a contribution.
PS- What are the stats on guns helping regular citizens vs guns harming regular citizens?
Here’s basically how people do it in Canada…
1. You must pass a day long gun safety course - according to stats only .5% fail
(crazy people HATE tests! they hate a day long course! SCHOOL SUCKS!)
2. Provide three references of character
(crazy people are crazy! BILL IS CRAZY AND WANTS TO BUY A GUN. DON’T SIGN IT HAROLD.)
3. Provide information on your love life and financial affairs
(have abuse charges against your lady/boy friends?? bankrupt? SORRY GUIDO!!)
***note: when husbands/wives get a license to buy a weapon, the spouse must sign a form indicating they feel safe with him/her buying a weapon.
Now mail this all in, get a license back in the mail (4-6 weeks later) and go and
BUY YOUR HANDGUNS AND RIFLES AND ALL THE AMMO YOU NEED.
If you want to protect your home or go shoot a dumbass duck… these rules should not offend your sensibilities. If they do bother you, you need some outside help, not just a gun.
There, now you guys know why seemingly normal young adults, husbands and wives don’t often kill each other with guns in Canada we use swords and cars.
Mentally ill people are everywhere. But when you are raised in the US where a gun is is more accessible than mental health care. Shit is going to happen.
(sure you can get illegal guns, somewhere. but compare the accessibility to illegal firearms in Canada to the accessibility to legal firearms in the US and there is really no discussion to be had.)
- jadeleewagenhurst likes this
- shimakitta659 reblogged this from kellyoxford
- ahora-alguien-te-sigue reblogged this from tattooed
- hellomynameislore reblogged this from kellyoxford
- stradivarious reblogged this from kellyoxford
- tamathestoryteller reblogged this from saeadame
- saeadame reblogged this from kellyoxford
- cuhhhhriiissss reblogged this from kellyoxford
- technicolormind reblogged this from kellyoxford and added:
- stefanhg reblogged this from kellyoxford
- portlybibliophile likes this
- jjritchey likes this
- pavelnovel reblogged this from kellyoxford
- pavelnovel likes this
- dajunebug reblogged this from theoceansanchor
- kelly-simone likes this
- texasenchantment likes this
- theoceansanchor reblogged this from iiidentitycrisis
- flagitiousbunny reblogged this from kellyoxford
- jamiealectric likes this
- rajacamille reblogged this from kellyoxford
- thatkaitlynn reblogged this from kellyoxford
- thatscharliework likes this
- lilou likes this
- coffeeorsomething reblogged this from kellyoxford
- tintedelation likes this
- oncleberns likes this
- shaanblaag reblogged this from kellyoxford
- stilinskisdemons likes this
- givemerainbowsorgivemedeath reblogged this from kellyoxford
- soulxconspiracy likes this
- the-library-kat reblogged this from kellyoxford
- themethfairy reblogged this from fairytrainer
- ohmonster likes this
- mobilemollie reblogged this from kellyoxford
- ducklover52 reblogged this from phantoms4evr
- thebriberymozza reblogged this from thepatchworkboy
- phantoms4evr reblogged this from jickajess and added:
- burnsosaurus likes this
- lyricalkris reblogged this from kellyoxford
- beta-ninja likes this
- simply-cristina likes this
- coin-slot-robot reblogged this from fairytrainer
- zoilaftsidis reblogged this from justyouwaitforphysed
- lifeunsaturated likes this
- justyouwaitforphysed reblogged this from fairytrainer
- andrewnonumbers likes this
- odrambour likes this
- trevorstmcgoodbody reblogged this from wonka51
- jaz-against-humanity reblogged this from fairytrainer
11 Jan 2011 1,052 notes